Why attend the National Media Market & Conference?
Attending National Media Market exposes me to a broader range of educational and documentary films on environmental issues, social issues, health care issues from smaller companies. As public librarians, we want to introduce our patrons to a broad range of opinions on a wide variety of topics – not just the most commercially acceptable ones.
Market Mania Clips and More…
The Market kicks off with an all-day event where exhibitors show short clips of their most exciting films or products—an excellent way to discover new exhibitors and their unique programs.
Best of Show
Best in Show is on hiatus in 2016 as we explore options for improving the submission and voting process. For 2016, NMM will present a Best Market Mania Presentation award to the Exhibitor presentation that receives the most votes from NMM attendees. The award will be presented at the Exhibitors Panel on Wednesday evening, October 26. Online voting will be available at the conclusion of Market Mania on Monday, October 24
The National Media Market (NMM) was established to provide an opportunity for producers and distributors of educational media to show their new releases in the most convenient, cost-effective way to a large number of buyers in one location. Conventional trade shows and exhibits did not provide the personal interactions and focus desired to accomplish this goal.
Therefore the Market is held in an all-suite hotel rather than a convention center with individual preview stations set up in each exhibitor’s suite for on-demand screening. All suites are clustered together to make it convenient for buyers to meet with exhibitors and screen the titles they are interested in. A program guide is published prior to the Market to help buyers maximize their time by browsing exhibitors’ offerings.
In addition to film previews, attendees can meet with exhibitors from content platforms for streaming video. NMM provides a great opportunity to learn about new platform vendors and enhancements to existing platforms.
Benefits for Buyers:
- Focused previewing time to select quality programs for diverse collections
- All year support on connecting buyers and exhibitors
- Individual meetings with experienced company representatives
- Multiple professional development opportunities
- Networking receptions with peers from across the United States. Canada, and beyond
- Special Market discounts and pricing to cover most of the cost of attendance
Benefits for Exhibitors:
- Face-to-face meetings with decision makers and media librarians from across the United States, Canada and beyond
- Exchange of information about new technologies and services
- Informal networking and relationship building
As an attendee of 20+ years, the National Media Market is the most valuable tool I have for collection development, and is the only national meeting that is useful to me. The personal relationships, trust and friendships developed with the companies and their representatives is invaluable, and the discounts I receive are greater than the cost of the trip.